I am trying to recover my Laptop and have generated an XML recoverable file using my Disk Key Check value using McAfee ePO.
When I Authenticate using DETech with the XML file I get an Error.
Below is the XML
<algInfo>Algorithm identifiers do not indicate device encryption algorithm</algInfo>
Could someone help me out? Why is this XML not working?
which Version of drive encryption are you using? How about the System Startup. Do you see the PreBoot authentication Login? Is Preboot active?
Which steps you have performed to create the recovery media?
a) DETech version - 7.1
b) Do you see the PreBoot authentication Login - No. I straight away get an error.
Error : 0xEE0D0001
Failed to read registry file
c) Preboot Active: Not sure what this means.
d) To create recovery media:
- I have one drive only (Disk 0). I used my disk Key Check value to generate XML file from McAfee ePO using the option Export recovery information based on Disk Keycheck.
- I found the KeyCheck value using DETech Disk Information menu.
- Generated XML file when used to authenticate via DETech throws BAD XML error.
Let me know if you need more info.
Thanks in advance.
A couple of specific questions for you.
1. Did you know, and was certain, of the name of the host?
2. Did you see the host name listed in ePO?
3. If the cannot see the host name in ePO, was that the reason for you asking about the disk keycheck?
4. Was the system deleted at any time?
Hi I'm having a similar case here.
- Was this issue resolved for you?
To answer 's questions-
1. Did you know, and was certain, of the name of the host?- yes
2. Did you see the host name listed in ePO?- Yes
4. Was the system deleted at any time?- Yes it was. I'm trying to retrieve the old key not the current one.
I did not use the keycheck option to export xml file- just the basic "export recovery information" option and retrieve old keys.
Any help would be appreciated.
yesteday i received a laptop (HP ProBook 6560b) form his owner with the same msg (problem?)
he told me that he was using his laptop (win7sp1) connected to the docking station , then he had to go for a meeting and detached it. during the meeting the laptop went standby and ... that's it: the error
DE was activated on C drive few weeks age with PBA. no problems till yesterday.
i already verified the disk with Crystaldiskinfo tool and the response is Good
when i attempt to boot from usb and use eetech , i'm able to enter the code of the day - but when i click on the Token button the error is the same ....
please help - how sould i proceed to at least save files from the disk?
thanks in advance
here more details for this system
Drive Encryption Agent 188.8.131.52
Drive Encryption Go 184.108.40.206
Drive Encryption: Windows 220.127.116.11
Endpoint Security Platform 10.5.3.3197
Endpoint Security Threat Prevention 10.5.3.3271
New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.
Thousands of customers use our Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership: