Hi @Snowball1014 ,
Please find my response below.
1. About the number of AV Scanner, if we have Dell Powerscale (OneFS v9.1) 80TB - 4 nodes, we need at least 8 AV Physical Scanner to be installed to cover the expected load?
Ideally we suggest assigning 2 Scan Servers per Node. So yes, you may start with 8 ENSSP Scan servers.
2. With regards on the AV Physical scanner, I’d like to confirm my understanding. Each physical scanner is pertaining to a dedicated server appliance?
I guess there's a concept of Scanner Pools, where a filer is updated with a set of Scan Servers it can use. Perhaps its possible to define all 8 Scan Servers for the nodes or assign dedicated servers for each nodes.
3. If pt 2 is correct, I assume customer need an operating system and w/ Trellix Agent and ENSSP licenses for each physical scanner. Is this correct?
Yes, you would need licenses for Trellix Agent & ENSSP. Please reach out Sales/Account Manager to discuss about it.
4. What is the recommended hardware specifications for the AV physical scanner?
You may start with 4 CPUs & 4GB ram for each Scan Servers.
5. Is CAVA supported in ENSSP?
No. There's another solution called ENS for CAVA. You can read more about it in the link below.
Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!