Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Illia
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

RSD extension doesn't work (HELP)

Jump to solution

Perhaps someone can tell me how to solve the problem. After the ePO update, the RSD extension disappeared. It is in the list of extensions, but nowhere else, that is, I cannot work with it. How can this be fixed? If I reinstall the extension, will all my previous settings, exceptions, etc. disappear?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
cdinet
Employee
Employee
Message 7 of 9

Re: RSD extension doesn't work (HELP)

Jump to solution

If those files are missing, that would indicate that either somehow they were accidentally removed or extension is not checked in.  Those are required for the extension to load.  You can remove the rsd extension if it shows installed and reinstall it, after backing everything up and exporting your policies and assignments.  You can look at one of the other xml's under server\conf\catalina\localhost to see what it would contain.  Basically a line or 2 with product version listed.  I don't think the newer rsd extension uses rsdsensor, just rsd.xml.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Illia
Level 8
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

thanks, we just create a new file and add version in this file. now it's work

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi,

This might be the same issue I had after upgrading the extension.

For me it was only that an XML was not updated, to reflect the correct version.

First verify that you have the same versions of rsd in all three of theese:

File/path:

<Installed Dir>:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\extensions\installed\rsd\[your version]

extension.properties = extension.version = [your version]

<Installed Dir>:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\conf\Catalina\localhost\

rsd.xml; rsdsensor.xml 

DB Query:

Select * from OrionExtensions

Name: rsd;Version: [your version]

In my case the content of the xml files were not changed to 5.0.7.31:

C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\conf\Catalina\localhost

rsd.xml = Context antiResourceLocking="false" privileged="true" docBase="C:/Program Files (x86)/McAfee/ePolicy Orchestrator/Server/extensions/installed/rsd/5.0.7.28/webapp"

rsdsensor.xml = Context antiResourceLocking="false" privileged="true" docBase="C:/Program Files (x86)/McAfee/ePolicy Orchestrator/Server/extensions/installed/rsd/5.0.7.28/webapp-sensor"/

cdinet
Employee
Employee
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

Which extension version are you running?  What update version did you install?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Illia
Level 8
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

Illia
Level 8
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

I dont have rsd.xml and rsdsensor.xml along the path you indicated

Illia
Level 8
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

can you share the contents of these files? and what should I do if they are missing?

cdinet
Employee
Employee
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

If those files are missing, that would indicate that either somehow they were accidentally removed or extension is not checked in.  Those are required for the extension to load.  You can remove the rsd extension if it shows installed and reinstall it, after backing everything up and exporting your policies and assignments.  You can look at one of the other xml's under server\conf\catalina\localhost to see what it would contain.  Basically a line or 2 with product version listed.  I don't think the newer rsd extension uses rsdsensor, just rsd.xml.

Was my reply helpful?

Illia
Level 8
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

thanks, we just create a new file and add version in this file. now it's work

cdinet
Employee
Employee
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

Glad that worked!

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use our Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from product experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community