Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Super Agents causing bandwith issues

I recently put in a new EPO server running 4.0 and VS 8.0i. I have 23 branches to maintain throughout the U.S.

I put one super agent at each branch in hopes that the systems at those branches would pull their updates from them. One of our sites has a 128K connection and was having some issues when I had global distribution turned on, any time global distribution started the site would almost go down. So I changed to update all super agents after production hours. Well, I come in Monday morning to find out the network is down at this particular location and the suspected system causing the issue was the super agent system. I am trying to figure out a few things, first why and secondly I have the "select repository by" ping time and was wondering if using subnet distance would make more sense.

Any help would be appreciated.
Labels (2)
1 Reply
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

RE: Super Agents causing bandwith issues

I would also like to know more about how the "subnet distance" setting works.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use our Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from product experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community